Rehabilitation Biomechanics Laboratory
The Rehabilitation Biomechanics Laboratory studies how people perform and control repetitive movements, specifically using orthotic and prosthetic devices. Through various collaborations on and off campus, we are working to improve devices, test their effectiveness, and ultimately make controlling them more intuitive for users.
Learn more at rehab-biomech-lab.kines.umich.edu.
PhD Students mentored by Dr. Gates, but in different programs
- Jake Kanetis (Robotics)
- Martin Kilbane (Mechanical Engineering)
- Mira Mutnick (Biomedical Engineering)
- Cindy Chestek, PhD, U-M Biomedical Engineering
- Brian Kelly, DO, U-M Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Jeff Wensman, BSME, CPO, U-M Orthotics and Prosthetics Center