Our students are highly sought after because of the skills they've learned both inside and outside the classroom. They're called the "leaders and best" for a reason.
The University of Michigan School of Kinesiology is an international leader in education and research in fitness, health and wellness, and sport management; our faculty are renowned in each of their respective fields. Both of these factors have fostered the excellent learning environment and the unique student experience that characterizes one of the most respected kinesiology programs in the country.
The Kinesiology Career Development Center provides employers with an individualized recruitment experience. We look forward to partnering with you as you seek exceptional graduate and undergraduate candidates to meet your organizational needs.
Why Hire a Kines Student?
- The University of Michigan is one of the top universities in the world.
- We offer three undergraduate degree programs: BS Applied Exercise Science, BS Movement Science, and BA Sport Management. The BS Athletic Training program is changing from an undergraduate major to a master's program. We will still have undergraduate students majoring in AT until 2023 or 2024, when we expect them to graduate with their bachelor's degree.
- Movement Science offers students opportunities to conduct research with world-renowned faculty.
- U-M Kinesiology has the first accredited Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) program in the world.
- Many Sport Management students participate in student-run organizations, like the Michigan Sport Business Conference (MSBC) and Sport Business Association (SBA).
- Applied Exercise Science students gain real-life skills during required internships.
- Our graduate program is ranked #3 in the nation (National Academy of Kinesiology).
- We offer four graduate degree programs: MS Movement Science, MS Sport Management, PhD Movement Science, and PhD Sport Management. We also offer a graduate-level Certificate in Physical Activity & Nutrition. And, in summer 2021, we will welcome our first MS Athletic Training cohort, as the program moves from being an undergraduate major to a master's program.
Employer Services at U-M Kinesiology
- Download our Employer Guide for Remote Internships.
- Post a job, internship, volunteer, or shadowing opportunity. Handshake is the best place to post employment and internship opportunities for U-M Kinesiology students. To create an account, please see the next section, PROMOTE YOUR OPPORTUNITIES ON HANDSHAKE, below.
- Attend the Kinesiology Career Fair. The annual Kinesiology Career Fair is a great way to connect with talented undergraduate and graduate students. Gain visibility, promote your company, and connect with students at this free event. For more information about the Kinesiology Career Fair, please visit our Kinesiology Career Fair page.
- Host an information session. Hosting an information session helps you to promote your opportunities and meet prospective candidates. Sessions can be in-person or virtual.
- Present a Professional Development Workshop. Consider meeting with students to discuss professional networking, resume building, or another professional development topic.
- Schedule on-campus interviews. The Kinesiology Career Center has space available for you to interview candidates for full-time or internship positions.
- Contact email@example.com for assistance in developing a personalized recruiting strategy.
Promote Your Opportunities on Handshake
The Kinesiology Career Development Center is excited to announce that we are partnering with the University Career Center (UCC) to enhance, optimize, and streamline our job posting system! Beginning Winter 2020 semester, Handshake is replacing our current online student job board and career event management system, KINNECTIONS.
Use Handshake to post opportunities, track applicants, schedule on-campus interviews, and register for career fairs and events. Partnering with the UCC allows us to offer a more user-friendly and simplified method to recruit School of Kinesiology students and students across the University of Michigan.
Signing up is easy and takes less than five minutes.
- If you already have a user account on Handshake, login to post a job or internship for Michigan Kinesiology students;
- To create a user account on Handshake, follow these instructions: How to Create a User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Schools
Once you have completed the email address confirmation step, you will either join your organization’s existing Employer profile on Handshake, or create a new one if necessary. If you experience any issues with posting a job or internship, please contact the University Career Center.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional promotional assistance, or to develop a recruiting strategy specific to the School of Kinesiology’s community.
Join the Sport Management Partners Program
Join the #BestNetworkInSports and the Michigan Sport Management Partners Program to gain primary access to top student talent for internship experiences that will add valuable education experience for students.
Learn more at kines.umich.edu/SM-partners.