Kinesiology Career Fair
From Tuesday, October 26 through Thursday, October 28, the University of Michigan School of Kinesiology—an international leader in education and research in health, wellness, and sport management—will host its first-ever Fall Career Fair.
Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate student attendees will be seeking employment, internship, volunteering, or job shadow opportunities.
Employers will have the opportunity to meet with students virtually during two self-selected 90-minute time blocks between Tuesday, October 26 and Thursday, October 28, from the schedule listed below.
All times are Eastern (EDT)
|Tues., Oct. 26||Wed., Oct. 27||Thurs., Oct. 28|
The first 30 minutes of each session is dedicated to an employer-hosted information session with a group of students. It will be followed by 60 minutes of uninterrupted employer conversations with individual students. The hour-long sessions will take place in virtual meeting rooms with a “waiting room” function allowing students and employers to engage in brief (5-10 minute) one-on-one chats. This format will allow students to learn more about the employers and provide employers the opportunity to become more familiar with students and their proficiencies.
As a participating employer, you will have the opportunity to meet Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate students during two 90-minute blocks. Employers will be asked to select two preferred and two alternate 90-minute time blocks on the registration form.
To reduce scheduling conflicts and guarantee maximum student participation, we will do our best to schedule employers in their preferred blocks without conflicting with other employers recruiting for similar opportunities or for students with similar interests.
The School of Kinesiology will provide employers a Zoom link and any support needed throughout the process.
Employer Participation Fee
- For-profit organizations: $100
- Non-profit/government organizations or University of Michigan departments: $25
Credit card payment is accepted via the registration form. Employer participation fees are added to a fund which awards financial support to students to help defray the costs of unpaid or underpaid internships.
Register at myumi.ch/jxMAK by October 3, 2021. You'll receive schedule and tech information by October 12, 2021.
About U-M Kinesiology
The U-M School of Kinesiology is an international leader in education and research in fitness, health and wellness, and sport management; our faculty are the "leaders and best" in each of their respective fields. Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate student attendees will be seeking employment, internship, volunteering, or job shadowing opportunities. For more information about our school, please visit our:
Visit our Employers page for additional ways to engage with our students.
GRADUATE & UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
Industry professionals from sport business and health organizations, with employment, internship, volunteer, and job shadowing opportunities, will meet undergraduate and graduate Kinesiology students during the career fair.
- Registration is not necessary.
- Review the list of registered employers (via email in October). Add your preferred employers and their time blocks to your calendar.
- Research each employer you plan to meet in advance. Prepare thoughtful questions to ask each employer.
- Attend the information session portion of their time blocks (first 30 minutes) to learn more about the organization and the opportunities available.
- The remaining 60 minutes will be for one-on-one meetings with employers, using a virtual “booth.”
- Students will enter a Zoom waiting room and the employer will grant access on a first-come, first-served basis. Please expect a delay when you enter the waiting room.
- Prepare questions ahead of time.
- Do not expect employers to repeat material from their information session during your one-on-one conversations.
- Attire should be business professional with an appropriate Zoom background.
- Polish your resume in advance and have it available as a PDF file. Ask each employer during your individual Zoom meeting if they would prefer to have it dropped in the chat or emailed to them.
Questions & Accommodations
Contacts for questions:
- Amy Fredell, career development & employer relations coordinator, at email@example.com; or
- Kelli Kearly, Sport Management outreach & employer engagement coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure full and equitable participation at the Michigan Kinesiology Career Fair. If an accommodation would promote your full participation in this event, please contact Amy (email@example.com) or Kelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate your accommodation requirements.