Kinesiology Career Fair 2023
Kinesiology will host its 2023 career fair on Wedesday, February 15, from 3:00-6:00pm in the School of Kinesiology Building.
The Kinesiology Career Fair is on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 3:00-6:00pm. Exhibitor set-up is 1:00-3:00pm. The fair will be held in the School of Kinesiology Building, located at 830 N. University Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
The U-M School of Kinesiology is an international leader in education and research in fitness, health and wellness, and sport management; our faculty are the "leaders and best" in each of their respective fields. Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate student attendees will be seeking employment, internship, volunteering, or job shadow opportunities. For more information about our school, please visit:
- For-profit organizations: $100 for up to 2 representatives
- Nonprofit/government organizations: $50 for up to 2 representatives
- Additional representatives: $25 per person
University of Michigan Tax ID: 38-6006309
If you cannot make it to Ann Arbor for the career fair, we offer you the opportunity to send materials that will be included in the welcome bag and distributed to students at the career fair.
Registration for the Kinesiology Career Fair is through Handshake.
- Already have a Handshake account? Log in to register for the Kinesiology Career Fair. (LINK TBD)
- New to Handshake? Create a Handshake account. Once your Handshake user account is approved, you will be able to login and register for the fair.
- Display table for two exhibitors in our beautiful School of Kinesiology Building
- Complimentary parking
- Exhibitor lounge
- Tabletop sign with organization name
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from the University of Michigan Career Center with payment details.
Location, Driving Directions, and Parking
The School of Kinesiology Building is located at 830 N. University Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Complimentary off-site parking will be at the City of Ann Arbor’s Maynard St. parking structure, which is a four-minute walk from our building.
Additional information will be sent via email closer to the date.
- Hotel suggestions (lodging not provided)
- Directions to venue (via Google Maps)
- Directions to the parking structure (via Google Maps)
GRADUATE & UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
The Kinesiology Career Fair is on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 3:00-6:00pm in the School of Kinesiology Building.
Industry professionals from major sport business, health organizations and graduate programs will be in attendance seeking students for employment, internships, volunteer, and job shadow opportunities.
Career fair prep sessions will be announced in early January. Last year's topics were:
- Top-Notch Resumes
- Making the Most of the Career Fair
Plan to bring multiple copies of your resume. Resume paper is available in the Career Development Center.
The attire is business professional.
Registration is on-site on the third floor of the Kinesiology Building the day of the fair. Bring your MCard to expedite the registration process or have your student ID number easily accessible.
The Kinesiology Career Fair is a great chance to network and share your skills, but you likely won’t leave the fair with a job or internship offer. Ask recruiters about the next steps in their recruiting process and stay connected with organizations of interest to you.
Want to know who is coming? Log into your Handshake account and navigate to the Kinesiology Career Fair (LINK TBD).
- Review the list of registered companies by selecting “View All Employers” on the left side of the screen.
- Once there, you can browse the opportunities employers have posted by selecting “View Details” and filter using the categories on the left panel.
Please note: The listings included in Handshake are provided because of their potential interest to the Michigan School of Kinesiology and U-M community. Inclusion of a listing does not imply the School of Kinesiology's endorsement of the particular external program or opportunity described.
What to Wear
While some of our employers are more casual, your attire should be business professional. Options include:
- Dress slacks or skirt
- Button-up shirt and tie
- Suit jacket or blazer
- Full business suit
Need help building your professional dress closet? The University Career Center offers a professional Clothes Closet. For more information, please visit careercenter.umich.edu/content/clothes-closet.
What to Bring
- A practiced, polished, relevant professional pitch delivered with a welcoming, confident smile.
- Multiple copies of your resume. Resume paper is available in the Kinesiology Career Development Center.
- A folder for carrying your resumes and any informational materials from organizations.
- A coat rack will be available; however, it is in your best interest to leave valuables (backpack, computer, etc.) at home.
If you have any questions, please email KinesCareers@umich.edu.
We want to ensure full and equitable participation at the Michigan Kinesiology Career Fair. If an accommodation would promote your full participation in this event, please contact Alicia (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kelli (email@example.com) to indicate your accommodation requirements.