KidSport Summer Camps
7/9/2020 - KidSport Summer Camps Update
After careful consideration, and because of the unique and unpredictable circumstances associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are regrettably unable to proceed and have CANCELED our 2020 KidSport Summer Camps sessions. We will miss all the smiling faces this summer, and can't wait to see everyone back for KidSport Summer Camps in 2021.
If you had already registered for KidSport this summer, Ann Arbor Rec & Ed will reach out regarding refunds or transfers. More information may be found on the Ann Arbor Rec & Ed website, or email: email@example.com.
Stay safe and keep active!
SUMMER 2020 PROGRAMS
WHAT TO BRING
- Backpack or bag
- Water Bottle - Make sure to bring your own water. We will not be able to provide any this summer.
- Sunscreen - Please apply prior to drop off.
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and gym shoes/sneakers (no open toe shoes or sandals)
HEALTH & SAFETY PRACTICES
- Daily questionnaire and temperature check for staff and campers.
- Limiting the number of campers to ensure proper social distancing.
- Mask usage.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Disinfecting equipment after each use.
- Updated games and activities to encourage social distancing and reduced equipment sharing.
- Utilizing outdoor spaces only.
- Following up-to-date CDC and U-M Safe Kids on Campus guidelines.
ABOUT KIDSPORT SUMMER CAMPS
KidSport Summer Camps offers children ages 4-13 the opportunity to learn and play a variety of team sports, individual sports, team building games, fitness and other physical education activities, along with swimming lessons, in a non-competitive and fun sports environment. The activities are age-appropriate and developed by experts in children’s physical education. KidSport Summer Camps are staffed by certified teachers, Health & Fitness and Education majors, University of Michigan students and athletes, and other highly qualified individuals focused on providing a first-rate experience for your kids!
KIDSPORT CAMP IS SPELLED F.U.N.!
- KidSport Welcome Letter
- What to Bring to KidSport Summer Camp
- KidSport FAQs (printable .pdf)
- Peanut-free policy
KidSport strives to ensure as many children as possible are given the opportunity to enjoy our summer camp. Throughout the year, we offer KidSport Clinics to raise money for the Jeff Reese KidSport Scholarship Fund. We are proud to offer scholarships to children who receive free/reduced meals, or meet specific HUD income guidelines. The Jeff Reese KidSport Scholarship is designed to assist families with children meet the cost of the KidSport Summer Camps program. Scholarships are awarded based on the evaluation of the information, and how much we were able to raise during the year.