LTF - FALL NEWS
After careful consideration, we have decided to remain virtual this semester. We will reassess around the holidays. Up-to-date information will be posted here. Current classes are:
- Chair Aerobics with Peter
- Chair Yoga with Kate
- Strength, Stretch, & Balance with Kate
- ZUMBA Gold & Strength Training with Geraldine (Jerry)
Hope you'll join us!
NEW!! Strength, Stretch, & Balance
Join Kate on Tuesdays in October for our new class: Strength, Stretch, & Balance. She will guide participants in enhancing personal awareness and consciousness to help prevent falls, as well as developing core strength, mobility, range of motion, and overall conditioning. Using a chair for a prop, participants will perform seated and standing exercises. The goal of the class is to increase strength, flexibility, balance, and range of motion, while focusing on the breath.
ABOUT LIFETIME FITNESS
Due to COVID-19, we have suspended LTF classes at Briarwood Mall. We hope to return to Briarwood Mall as soon as it's safe to gather. In the meantime, please check out our LTF @ Home classes virtually via Zoom.
The Lifetime Fitness program is offered at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, in the JCPenney Court. Classes are designed for senior adults, however everyone is welcome!
- Mondays - Aerobics classes are carefully structured to include a warm-up, pre-aerobic stretch, sitting and standing aerobics, strength training, cool down, and a final stretch.
- Tuesdays - Strength, Stretch, & Balance. Participants will work on enhancing personal awareness and consciousness to help prevent falls, as well as developing core strength, mobility, range of motion, and overall conditioning. Using a chair for a prop, participants will perform seated and standing exercises. The goal of the class is to increase strength, flexibility, balance, and range of motion, while focusing on the breath.
- Thursdays - Combo Zumba Gold & Strength Training class. You will dance to a fusion of Latin and international music at a modified intensity. It's a fun experience and great workout for all the elements of fitness: cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, flexibility, and balance. Then we'll move on to exercises which focus on the entire body to improve muscle tone, balance, stability, and flexibility. Exercise bands or 1-5 lb weights recommended, but not required. Participants may also use household items such as socks or nylons for resistance, and cans of food, laundry detergent, or water bottles for weight. No experience necessary!
Make sure to check in with the instructor if you are joining the program for the first time so we can get some information, sign our liability waiver, and discuss modifications!
Sign up for our email list to get the most up-to-date information about our programs!
YOUR DONATION HELPS KEEP US STRONG!
Lifetime Fitness classes are made available through the kind donations of its participants. Your donations are the sole source of funding to cover operating expenses. Thanks to you, Lifetime Fitness is able to pay its wonderful instructors, and purchase equipment or other materials, as needed. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation. A little means a lot! There are two ways to give:
- Download our Lifetime Fitness donation form to print out and mail in; or
- Donate online, using the Give Online Now button below.