Health & Fitness Workshop
ABOUT THE HEALTH & FITNESS WORKSHOP
The Health and Fitness Workshop is held annually, in December, for K-12 health and fitness educators. The goal of these workshops is to provide ready-to-implement ideas and practices teachers can take right back to their classroom in the areas of health, physical education, social justice and racial equality, recreation, sports and athletics, dance, professional development, and adapted activity.
2020 INFORMATION - REGISTRATION IS OPEN
This year, the workshop will be offered virtually, via Zoom. Click for SESSION DESCRIPTIONS.
There will be two sessions to choose from nightly, November 30-December 4, from 5-6pm. As part of the registration you will be asked to register for one presentation each night. Zoom links will be emailed to participants the week prior to the workshop.
Five (5) SCECHs may be earned by:
- attending one session, each evening, for the entire week.
- paying the SCECH fee ($10) during enrollment.
- completing and submitting the SCECH form (via email) prior to the end of the workshop.
Monday, November 30, 5-6pm:
- ASSESSMENT OF SPORT-RELATED CONCUSSION with Steve Broglio, PhD
- MOTIVATION & EXERCISE:WHAT MOVES YOU? with Tom George, PhD
Tuesday, December 1, 5-6pm:
- VIRTUAL PHYSICAL EDUCATION with Darcy Knoll
- INTEGRATING SOCIAL EMOTIONAL PEDAGOGY, CULTURALLY RELEVANT INSTRUCTION, & TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE with Jaye Peterson, PhD
Wednesday, December 2, 5-6pm:
- ADVENTURES IN HYBRID TEACHING WITH TEAMWORK with Pete Bodary, PhD
- INPACT: A STATEWIDE PLAN TO PROMOTE YOUTH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN MICHIGAN DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC & BEYOND with Rebecca Hasson, PhD
Thursday, December 3, 5-6pm:
- THE POWER OF PLAY with Whitney Bunn
- WHAT’S WORTH TEACHING? with Jason Willard
Friday, December 4, 5-6pm:
- ALL-IN! DIVERSITY & INCLUSION IN KINESIOLOGY with Ketra Armstrong, PhD
- PERIODIZATION DURING THE PANDEMIC: OPTIMIZING ATHLETE PROGRAMMING & ENGAGEMENT with Michael Stack
Click for SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Registration for the 2020 Health & Fitness Workshop is open! Click to REGISTER NOW.
- $60 per person
- $30 full-time student (must show ID during registration)
- $10 to receive SCECHs, (add to cart during registration on Eventbrite)
All registration will take place on Eventbrite. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, & Discover. .