Health & Fitness Workshop
ABOUT THE HEALTH & FITNESS WORKSHOP
The Health and Fitness Workshop is held annually, in December, for K-12 health and PE teachers, and fitness professionals. The goal of these workshops is to provide ready-to-implement ideas and practices to take right back to the classroom or professional arena in the areas of health, physical education, sports and athletics, professional development, and adapted activity.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2021 - 9:00am-1:30pm
SCHEDULE (click on session number for descriptions)
8:00-9:00am: Pre-workshop American Red Cross certification class
9:00-10:00am: KEYNOTE Speaker (all participants attend)
10:10-11:10am: SESSION 1 (participants choose 1)
- Wearable Technology and Sports Analytics
- InPACT: Fostering healthy schools, homes, and communities through movement
- Motivation and Exercise: What Moves You?
- Small-sided Games & Concepts to Promote Sports in PE
11:20am-12:20pm: SESSION 2 (participants choose 1)
- Assessment of Sport Related Concussion
- Sports-Specificity is Overrated: A Practical Approach to Long-Term Athlete Development
- Fitness Fun for Elementary Physical Education
- Social Emotional Learning Skills - Integrated Physical Education Lessons for Promoting Whole Child Development
12:30-1:30pm: SESSION 3 (participants choose 1)
- Power of Play
- The Art & Science of Supporting Students with Special Needs
- Integrating Social Emotional Pedagogy, Culturally Relevant Instruction, & Trauma Informed Care
- Rick Dekeon's Crazy Games
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- $50 Workshop ticket
- $40 Pre-workshop American Red Cross certification class
- $10 SCECHs
All registration will take place on Eventbrite. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, & Discover.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
- Get directions to the Kinesiology Building
- Interior classroom map
- Maynard St. parking and walking directions
The School of Kinesiology agrees to adhere to all federal, state, local, and university COVID-19 safety guidelines, and by registering for and attending this event, you accept the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and agree to abide by all federal, state, local, and university COVID-19 safety guidelines. Additionally, you agree that you will not attend the event if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
All attendees will be required to complete the ResponsiBLUE Guest questionnaire prior to entering the building, and wear masks while indoors.
While we look forward to engaging with you in person, for your health and safety, if you are not vaccinated or unable to be vaccinated, we encourage you to delay your attendance until next year's workshop.