Health & Fitness Workshop
ABOUT THE HEALTH & FITNESS WORKSHOP
The Health and Fitness Workshop is held annually, in December. The goal of the workshop is to provide ready-to-implement ideas and practices to take right back to the classroom or professional arena in the areas of health, physical education, sports and athletics, fitness, inclusive and adapted activity.
We are unable to accept checks or walk-in registrations.
2022 KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Former Head Coach, Michigan Men's Basketball
With four decades of college basketball coaching experience, Coach John Beilein is considered one of the best tactical basketball minds in the country. Beilein has compiled a career record of 829-468 (.639) during his years as a collegiate head coach. He has recorded 20-plus win seasons on 23 occasions and has finished with a winning record in 35 seasons, placing him in the top 10 for career victories among active Division I head coaches. Beilein has 20 career postseason appearances—13 in the NCAA Division I Tournament, six in the NIT, and one in the NCAA Division II Tournament. With the nine trips to the Big Dance with U-M, Beilein is one of 14 coaches to have taken four different schools to the NCAA Tournament—Canisius (1996), Richmond (1998), West Virginia (2005, ‘06), and Michigan (2009, ‘11, ‘12, ‘13, ‘14, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19). In 12 seasons in Ann Arbor, Beilein built the Wolverines into one of the nation’s elite programs, taking U-M to a pair of national championship game appearances (2013, ‘18) while also becoming the winningest coach in school history. Beilein is also a seasoned expert in the art of leadership, and has spoken across campus about the role that resiliency plays in success.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
- Get directions to the Kinesiology Building
- Interior classroom map
- Maynard St. parking and walking directions
- Other parking and structure options and information
Sign up for our email list to get the most up-to-date information about our programs!
The School of Kinesiology agrees to adhere to all federal, state, local, and university COVID-19 safety guidelines, and by registering for and attending this event, you accept the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and agree to abide by all federal, state, local, and university COVID-19 safety guidelines. Additionally, you agree that you will not attend the event if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
All attendees will be required to complete the ResponsiBLUE Guest questionnaire prior to entering the building.
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
STATE CONTINUINING EDUCATION CLOCK HOURS (SCECHs) INFORMATION
For anyone wishing to obtain Michigan Department of Education SCECHs, please follow these directions:
- Complete the SCECH Participant Data form. You MUST include a valid email address and your PIC number. This email address should be the same email address used for the MDE Secure Central Registry. Click here for instructions to locate your PIC.
- Complete the registration portion of the State Continuing Education Clock Hours form.
- You must sign-in upon arrival at the SCECH table.
- At the completion of the workshop, please report to the SCECH table to turn in completed forms, sign-out, and make sure to provide payment ($10.50) on PayPal ONLY.
Kinesiology Community Programs
830 N. University Ave. #4125
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1048