KCP Activity Classes
KCP FALL 2021 - Registration is now OPEN for:
- Beginner: Mondays from 6:00-7:00pm, $125
- Intermediate: Mondays from 7:15-8:15pm, $125
Clubs are available for use during class.
Location: Miles of Golf, 3113 Carpenter Rd, Ypsilanti, MI, 48197
- Beginner/Novice: Tuesdays from 5:00-7:00pm, $80
Paddles available for use during class. No street shoes allowed, please wear non-marking tennis/court shoes.
Location: Wolverine Pickleball Warehouse, 119 Jackson Industrial Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Beginner: September 7-October 15
- Intermediate: September 7-October 15
Please bring your own racquet and wear non-marking sole tennis shoes.
Location: Palmer Tennis Courts, north of the Central Campus Recreation Building (CCRB)
- Sunday, September 26, 10:00am-noon, $70
- Sunday, October 24, 10:00am-noon, $70
- Sunday, November 14, 10:00am-noon, $70
- Sunday, December 5, 10:00am-noon, $70
Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED & First Aid is a blended learning class. Participants will be emailed a link the Thursday before class, to be completed online, and skills testing will take place on the Sunday you register for, from 10:00am-noon. Please meet outside of the main entrance (across from Hill Auditorium) at 9:55am to be escorted inside.
Location: Kinesiology Building, 830 N. University Ave, #4600, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Sign up for our email list to get the most up-to-date information about our programs!
HEALTH & SAFETY PRACTICES
- Class size has been reduced
- Face masks are optional outdoors and required indoors
- Social distancing during class
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
- Following up-to-date CDC and U-M guidelines
- If you feel sick, please stay home!
PLEASE NOTE: COVID regulations and restrictions are constantly evolving. KCP will update our policies and procedures as needed, and in accordance with University of Michigan's policies. More information can be found on the Campus Maize & BluePrint website.
All KCP participants must complete the ResponsiBLUE health screening and show the green check to the instructor prior to class.
Offerings will vary by semester. Check out our current schedule or KCP Eventbrite page for current classes. Registration is quick and easy on Eventbrite!
- Beginning Swim I* - For students with little to no swim experience. This class will start by getting comfortable in the pool. You'll progress to front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, and butterfly. You'll also learn to jump in, treat water, and water safety.
- Beginning Swim II* - This class is for students already comfortable in the water and who can swim across the pool (short way, any stroke). Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, butterfly, diving, and treading water, as well as water safely, will be taught to improve technique and build endurance. Flip turns will be introduced as skills advance.
- Intermediate Swim* - Pre-requisite: Must have the ability to swim one length (long way) each of crawl, backstroke, and breaststroke. This class focuses on refining strokes while building endurance. Each of the strokes will be taken apart and put back together better than before. We will also work to build endurance on skills such as treading water, diving, and water safety. Lap swimming will be introduced as skills advance.
- Coached Swimming Workouts - This class will help you focus on your personal swim goals. Workouts are designed to improve speed, skills, endurance, and overall fitness. A coach is on deck to provide you with the workout and to guide technical adjustments. We will work on turns, underwater kicking, and butterfly, while continuing work on freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. Suitable for those able to swim at least 1500 yards/hr or 10 continuous minutes; proficiency in free, back and breaststroke is recommended.
- Beginning Golf - For new or lapsed golfers looking to get into the game of golf. This class is designed around the core fundamentals to enhance your golf knowledge taught by PGA professionals. An on-course playing experience is part of the lesson. No equipment needed.
- Intermediate Golf - To help further develop basic mechanics and techniques of the full golf swing, pitching, chipping, putting, and bunker play. An on-course playing experience is part of the lesson. No equipment needed.
- Golf: Short Game Clinic - Consisting of 3 90-minute classes taught by PGA professionals. Designed to help further develop basic mechanics and techniques of pitching, chipping, putting, and bunker play. All Aspects of the short game will be covered. No equipment needed.
- Tennis - Beginner & Intermediate
- Tennis: Match Play - Players looking for doubles match experience (singles when court space is available). Instruction and coaching given as needed, however focus will be on match play itself. Timed matches to be played, with matchups based on game winning percentage.
- Pickleball (Beginner/Novice) - For newer players with no or limited experience.
- Pickleball (Advanced) - For experienced players looking to take their game to the next level.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid for the Professional Rescuer - Training for individuals with a duty to act including lifeguards, EMS personnel, police, security personnel, firefighters, and athletic trainers.
- American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) - Training for professionals to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies for adult, child, and infant victims (typically required for healthcare providers and public safety professionals).
- LTF @ Home - Geared toward senior adults, however all are welcome. LTF @ Home offers Chair Yoga, Zumba Gold, Silver Strength Training, and Chair Aerobics, virtually, so you can work out from the comfort and safety of your own home.
* Indicates class can be taken for credit. Check with your academic advisor to ensure the credit will be accepted by your school or college. Please note: for credit you still need to register through Eventbrite. After talking with your advisor regarding credit, please contact Kerry Winkelseth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an override.
- All swimming classes are held at the Margaret Bell Pool inside the Central Campus Recreation Building (CCRB), located at 401 Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor.
- Winter tennis classes are held at Varsity Tennis Center, 2250 S. State St., Ann Arbor.
- Spring, Summer, & Fall tennis is held outdoors on Palmer Courts, just north of the CCRB.
- Pickleball is held at Wolverine Pickleball Warehouse, 119 Jackson Industrial Dr, Ann Arbor.
- Golf classes are taught at Miles of Golf, located at 3113 Carpenter Rd., Ypsilanti.
- CPR/AED and First Aid classes are held at The Kinesiology Building, 830 N. University Ave, Ann Arbor. Participants will meet at the main entrance, and be escorted to room 4600 by the instructor.
Beginning Swim I and II, Intermediate Swim, WSI, and Lifeguard Training may be taken for academic credit (Coached Swimming Workouts cannot). Check with your academic advisor to ensure the credit will be accepted by your school or college. After talking with your advisor regarding credit, please contact Kerry Winkelseth (email@example.com) for an override.
Please note: If you are taking an approved swim class for credit, you must still register on Eventbrite.