For more than three decades, the U-M School of Kinesiology has offered community programs for Southeastern Michiganders at all stages of life. We're proud to serve our neighbors through educational and motivational programs that inspire healthy and active lifestyles.
Kinesiology Community Programs is proud to offer the following activity classes throughout the year, for faculty, staff, students, and those with a Rec Sports membership:
- Swim - Beginner I*, II* & Intermediate*
- Coached Swim Workouts
- Tennis - Beginner & Intermediate
- Pickleball - All levels
- Golf - Beginner & Intermediate
- American Red Cross LG: Lifeguarding*
- American Red Cross WSI: Water Safety Instructor*
- American Red Cross Adult, Child & Infant CPR/AED & First Aid
- American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Indicates the class can be taken for credit. Check with your academic advisor to ensure the credit will be accepted by your school or college. Please note: To receive, credit you still need to register through the KCP EventBrite page (UM-KCP.eventbrite.com). After talking with your advisor regarding credit, please contact Kerry Winkelseth (email@example.com) for an override.
KidSport Summer Camps offer children ages 4-13 the opportunity to learn and play a variety of team sports, individual sports, team building games, fitness and other physical education activities in a non-competitive and fun sports environment. The activities are age-appropriate and developed by experts in children’s physical education. Kidsport Summer Camps are staffed by certified teachers, as well as Health & Fitness and Education majors focused on providing a first-rate experience for your kids!
KidSport Clinics give kids grades K-8 the opportunity to participate in sport clinics with University of Michigan varsity student-athletes. The goal is to have fun while stressing the importance of mastering sport-specific fundamentals, doing well in school, and living a healthy lifestyle.
The Health & Fitness Workshop is held annually each December for K-12 health and fitness educators. The goal of these workshops is to provide ready-to-implement ideas and practices teachers can take right back to their classroom in the areas of health, physical education, recreation, sports and athletics, dance, professional development, and adapted activity.
Come Zoom with us! Kinesiology Community Programs is proud to announce LTF @ Home. We'll be offering the same classes, with instructors you've come to know and love, virtually, from the safety and comfort of your own home. The classes are designed for senior adults but are open to everyone.