Kinesiology Community Programs
For more than three decades, the U-M School of Kinesiology has offered community programs for Southeastern Michiganders at all stages of life. We're proud to serve our neighbors through educational and motivational programs that inspire healthy and active lifestyles.
Get social with us on Facebook (Kinesiology Community Programs).
Kinesiology Community Programs is proud to offer the following activity classes for adults (18+):
- American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED, First Aid
- Disc Golf
- Empowerment Self-Defense
- Golf - Beginner, Intermediate
- Pickleball - All levels
- Swim - Beginner I, II, Intermediate
- Tennis - Beginner, Intermediate
- Virtual Yogilates (Lifetime Fitness @ Home)
See our KCP Winter 2024 Schedule.
KidSport Summer Camps offers children ages 4-11 the opportunity to learn and play a variety of team sports, individual sports, team building games, and other physical education activities in a non-competitive and fun sports environment. The activities are age-appropriate and developed by experts in children’s physical education. Kidsport Summer Camps are staffed by college students focused on providing a first-rate experience for your kids!
KidSport Summer Camps now offer two separate camps:
- KidSport Adaptive is specifically designed to address the modifications that may be needed by children with neurodevelopmental and physical differences. Children who have higher support needs may have a more engaged, comfortable experience in KidSport Adaptive than they would in the original KidSport Summer Camp, now called KidSport Inclusive.
- KidSport Inclusive is for all kids who do not require the support provided by KidSport Adaptive. It has a higher camper-counselor ratio, and activities are less customized to individual campers' needs. This had been called KidSport Summer Camps before we added the KidSport Adaptive option.
Not sure which camp would be best for your child? Contact KidSport at 734-647-2708 or email [email protected].
KidSport Huddles gives kids ages 5-11 the opportunity to participate in sport clinics with University of Michigan varsity student-athletes. The goal is to have fun while stressing the importance of mastering sport-specific fundamentals, doing well in school, and living a healthy lifestyle.
The Health & Fitness Workshop is held annually each December for K-12 health and PE teachers and fitness professionals. The goal of these workshops is to provide ready-to-implement ideas and practices to take right back to their classroom or professional arena in the areas of health, physical education, sports and athletics, and adapted activity.
Come Zoom with us! Kinesiology Community Programs is proud to announce LTF @ Home. We offer virtual fitness classes, with the same instructors you've come to know and love. The classes are designed for older adults but are open to everyone.