If you were previously enrolled in Kinesiology but have not registered for more than one calendar year, you must apply for readmission to the university.
The U-M School of Kinesiology considers the following academic factors in determining admission for cross-campus students:
- Number of credit hours completed by proposed term of entry. When spaces are limited, priority is given to students entering their junior year.
- Level of achievement in college coursework. Admission is highly selective and dependent on spaces available.
- Progress towards completion of general degree requirements. Students in Kinesiology must complete a minimum of 12 credits in each area of distribution (Humanities, Natural Science, and Social Science).
- Progress towards completion of required coursework in the major area of study. Students applying to Athletic Training, Sport Management, or Applied Exercise Science must complete pre-requisite courses to be considered for admission. View bulletin sections describing prerequisite courses for each major. Choose the program and current academic year from the menu.
- Demonstrated interest in the intended major area of study.
Learn more about the Go Blue Guarantee.
Readmit applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Application for Reactivation
- Essay explaining why you wish to return to U-M to finish your degree and what you have been doing since your last term of enrollment
- Official college transcript from any post-secondary schools attended since leaving U-M
The U-M School of Kinesiology accepts applications for Fall and Winter semesters only. The deadlines are:
- Fall: February 1
- Winter: October 1
Applicants should also be aware of deadlines for secondary admission applications (below)
To schedule a transfer student advising appointment, please email La'Joya Orr (email@example.com).
Sport Management Secondary Application
Sport Management requires a secondary admission application, Due February 1, prior to the sophomore or junior year. The Level 2 application can be found on our Policies and Procedures page, under Sport Management > SM Level 2 Application.