Cross-Campus Transfer Admissions
A cross-campus transfer student has completed college coursework on the University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus but is not currently enrolled in the School of Kinesiology. Students are not eligible to cross-campus transfer until their sophomore year.
Thinking of transferring into Kines? Academic advisor Becca Krombeen will be available for all prospective cross-campus transfer students in virtual drop-in advising on Wednesdays, 1:00pm-2:00pm. Drop-in advising is meant for quick questions regarding requirements or the application process.
- Brief intro from Becca's Google presentation: http://myumi.ch/qgPjW
- Drop In Virtual Meeting Link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/2635624018
LSA students can request an individual appointment for Kinesiology guest advising hours through Newnan Advising Center. Appointments are offered Tuesday mornings 9am-11am.
Non-LSA students or LSA students unable to attend the Newnan guest advising appointments can contact Becca Krombeen at email@example.com to request an individual advising appointment.
The U-M School of Kinesiology considers the following academic factors in determining admission for cross-campus students:
- Number of credit hours completed by proposed term of entry. When spaces are limited, priority is given to students entering their junior year.
- Level of achievement in college coursework. Admission is highly selective and dependent on spaces available.
- Progress towards completion of general degree requirements. Students in Kinesiology must complete a minimum of 12 credits in each area of distribution (Humanities, Natural Science, and Social Science).
- Progress towards completion of required coursework in the major area of study. Students applying to Athletic Training, Sport Management, or Applied Exercise Science must complete pre-requisite courses to be considered for admission. Click here to view bulletin sections describing prerequisite courses for each major. Choose the program and current academic year from the menu.
- Demonstrated interest in the intended major area of study.
Learn more about the Go Blue Guarantee.
Cross-campus transfer students must complete and submit the following:
- Cross-Campus Transfer Application. Please note: The application does not allow you to save your work and return at a later time, so please have your essay available to upload at the time you complete the application.
The U-M School of Kinesiology accepts applications for Fall and Winter semesters only. The deadlines are:
- Fall: February 1
- Winter: October 1
Sport Management applicants should also be aware of the deadline for the secondary admission application (below).
To schedule a transfer student advising appointment, please email La'Joya Orr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sport Management Secondary Application
Sport Management requires a secondary admission application, Due February 1, prior to the sophomore or junior year. The Level 2 application can be found on our Policies and Procedures page, under Sport Management > SM Level 2 Application.