Health & Well-Being
Learn about assorted resources at both the school and university level to help you balance your mental, emotional, academic, and social needs and goals.
If you are experiencing an urgent concern or crisis, please call the main CAPS line at (734) 764-8312 for 24/7 access to a counselor and more immediate care.
As a Kinesiology student, you can meet with our embedded counselor or with any other CAPS staff. Please review the staff bio page to see if a different counselor might be a better fit for you based on concerns/identity/schedule.
The BetterYou app is available to all Kinesiology students. BetterYou is a digital coach that helps support your goals across all areas of wellness and spend time on the things that matter most. You set goals that are important to you in the areas of physical, social, educational, and mental wellness, and BetterYou runs in the background, providing gentle nudges and rewards (like Amazon gift cards, etc.) along the way that positively influence behaviors.
To participate, visit register.betteryou.ai and sign up with your umich email.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS): (734) 764-8312
- Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES): (734) 996-4747
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Center (SAPAC): (734) 936-3333
- Crisis Text Line: Text “4UMICH” to 741741, to connect to a trained crisis volunteer. You don't need to be in crisis to use this free, 24/7 service for support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800) 273-8255 or 1 (800) 273-TALK
Other U-M Resources
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS): counseling, support groups, and workshops
- Individual Peer Counseling: connect with someone of a similar age and lifestyle, trained by CAPS, who can serve as a resource or simply someone to talk to
- CAPS Stressbusters app
- SilverCloud: online, self-guided, interactive mental health resource
- Togetherall: receive and provide support anonymously through an online peer-to-peer community, supervised 24/7 by licensed mental health practitioners
- U-M Community Provider Database: find an off-campus therapist
University Health Service (UHS)
- Wolverine Wellness: 1:1 and group wellness coaching
- Mindfulness drop-in sessions
- UHS Stress and Mental Health Index: online resources
- UHS specialty clinics: psychiatric services, sleep clinic, and dietician services
- Dean of Students Office: student support and critical incident response
- International Center
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA)
- Office of the Ombuds: campus conflict/dispute support
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Center (SAPAC)
- Spectrum Center
- Student Life well-being web page
- Trotter Multicultural Center
Rackham Graduate School
- Rackham Embedded Counselor
- Rackham health and wellness page
- Rackham help and support web page
- Rackham mentoring and advising web page
- Graduate Student Employees